Please take note. This blog is in the process of moving to a new platform (WordPress) for many reasons (easier to publish being one).

The URL of the new blog platform is

At the URL, you will find recent updates, and how to follow using Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.

The plan is to provide timely, more detailed, project information as it happens.

In the future, this address will redirect to the new URL and the original content will be removed.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Bilges are Done!

This weekend I removed the main salon temporary floors, to get down in the bilge to finish the glasswork. Recall that, with the keel repair a year ago, the plywood/fiberglass atop the bilge had to be removed. To reseal it, it was covered by a thick mix of resin and milled fiberglass. This left sharp edges and things a bit unfair.
So, to finish things up, I took a grinder to the top of bilge in order smooth off the sharp edges and try to get things somewhat fair. Then, after thorough acentone clean, filled and smoothed over any divets with filler, and covered it with two layers of glass, each extending up the sides 3 and 6 inches.
Laminating large pieces of glass like this is a big PITA. Not to mention, messy.
Materials are on order for the final main salon floor installation. Hopefully this weekend.

No comments: