- stuff thickened epoxy (milled fibers and silica) on the inside base of the tube to fill gaps between the tube and hull, and provide a smooth fillet.
- at the outside base of the tube, smooth out the thickened epoxy that squished through.
- glass the tube and reinforcement plates to the hull by laying two layers of glass strips around the base of the tube and along the base of the plates.
- fill and smooth the joints, over the recently laid glass with more thickened epoxy, such that any fillet is very shallow and barely shows.
- Glass over the entire surface of the tube and plates with two more layers of glass, staggered, giving it a large footprint on the hull surface. Align such that the the fibers give as much "radial" coverage from the center of the tube as best you can (to provide for strength under load).
- Once the epoxy is set, burr off any sharp edges with a grinder.
Follow This Project On Facebook
Lately I have just not had time to post updates to this blog. I do post activity on this project more frequently on Facebook. If you are interested in whats happening, I encourage you to click 'Like' on the Facebook badge below. Or go to http://www.facebook.com/westsail42/
Posts to this blog will happen infrequently, if at all. The blog will remain accessible for historical purposes.