Beta Marine 60
- Based on Kubota block.
- Number of Cylinders : 4
- Bore and Stroke : 87 X 102.4mm
- Swept Volume : 2434cc / 148.5ci
- BHP @2700 r/min : 56
- Engine Net Weight : 287 kg / 631 lbs
- Reliable heat exchanger cooled, naturally aspirated, indirect injection diesel engine.
- Cast iron cylinder head and block with a gear driven camshaft and sea water pump.
- Three vortex combustion system for quiet running, excellent fuel consumption, and emission compliance in all countries.
- Installation angles up to 15° maximum when static, and 25° when heeling.
- Technodrive or PRM gearboxes. Output rotation is clockwise in ahead viewed from gearbox end
- Easy access oil removal hand pumps
- Easy access raw water pump
- Second alternator option
The Beta 60 has a parallel electric hybrid option available. Which is essentially a brush-less DC motor with belt drive that can be engaged/disengaged on the transmission output shaft. The DC motor is used to drive the prop shaft directly. Beta's hybrid approach seems to be no-nonsense, simple and easy.
|Beta 25 with Hybrid option. The Beta 60 Hybrid would be similar.|
|"Virtual" test fit of the Beta 60 Hybrid in the engine room. Just enough!|